N3TC Tender | N3 Routine Road Maintenance
N3 TOLL CONCESSION (RF) PROPRIETARY LTD.
CONTRACT No.: N3TC/RM-2022-601
T1.1INVITATION TO TENDER: DRAINAGE MAINTENANCE ON HIGHWAY SECTION 4: CONSTRUCTION OF A CONCRETE LINED DRAIN
1. N3 Toll Concession (RF) Proprietary Limited (N3TC) hereby invites competitive tenders from Selected Contractors who meet the CIDB grading requirement and who are registered on the N3TC supplier database in the Inkosi Langalibalele municipal district. Tendering contractors although invited still need to prove compliance with the Eligibility Criteria. The project is for the Drainage Maintenance on N3-5 on the N3 Toll Road in the vicinity of the Bushmans River, near Estcourt, in the Province of KwaZulu Natal.
DRAINAGE MAINTENANCE ON THE N3 TOLL ROAD: HIGHWAY SECTION 4: CONSTRUCTION OF A CONCRETE LINED DRAIN
2. The time for completion is three (3) months.
3. Tenders will only be accepted from Tenderers meeting the Eligibility Criteria below. The attention of Tenderers is also drawn to the Tender Preference Points as contained in the Tender Rules.
4. The Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
a. The Applicant shall be registered with the CIDB and have a minimum grading of 2CE.
b. All members of the Tenderer Entity, Joint Venture, Consortium or sole Contractor shall be on the current N3TC supplier database in the Inkosi Langalibalele municipal district.
c. All members of the Tenderer Entity, Joint Venture, Consortium or sole Contractor shall have their places of business, located in Inkosi Langalibalele municipal district, defined as Location below and have been operationally active at the Location for at least one year prior to 1 June 2022.
d. Companies/ “Entities” must have a minimum Black People shareholding of 50.1%.
e. Applicants shall have proven previous experience of activities in concrete works relating to drainage maintenance on major roads projects.
f. Applicants shall have proven adequate financial resources.
g. Applicants shall be in good standing with the South African Revenue Services (SARS).
h. Applicants shall be in good standing with the Department of Employment and Labour (DoEL) for Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act.
The onus remains with the Tenderer to provide sufficient documentary proof to prove compliance with the eligibility requirements.
a. Black People
Individuals who are citizens of the Republic of South Africa, who according to racial classification did not have the right to vote or had restricted voting rights immediately prior to the 1994 elections in South Africa.
The Domicilium Citandi of Applicants (Head office address) shall be in the Inkosi Langalibalele municipal district of the province of KwaZulu Natal. In the case of Joint Ventures and Consortia, this criteria for eligibility applies to all members of the Joint Venture or Consortium.
6. Tenderers will be required to provide all of the returnable schedules as required in this Tender Document.
7. The tender documents are only available and downloadable from the “TENDER” portal of the N3TC website, and it is the responsibility of the Tenderer to download the complete document for CONTRACT N3TC/RM-2022-601: DRAINAGE MAINTENANCE ON THE N3 TOLL ROAD: HIGHWAY SECTION 4: CONSTRUCTION OF A CONCRETE LINED DRAIN. The document will be available on the website from 8 July 2022. Forms to be completed will be available on the website in MS Word format and the Pricing Schedule will be made available in MS Excel format.
N3TC website address: http://www.n3tc.co.za/tenders/routine-road-maintenance/
8. There will be no pre-tender meeting. All tender queries must be submitted to the N3TC tender email address and responses will be sent by return email. Written responses will be given to all queries received at least 5 days before the tender closing date.
9. Communication email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. The Tender shall be submitted via email to email@example.com not later than 12:00 on Friday 22 July 2022, the Closing Time (F2.15.1). Late submissions will not be accepted. The onus remains with the Tenderer to ensure that their tender is received by the tender closing date and time.
11. Tenderers are to please refer to the Conditions of Tender, and in particular:
a. Clause F.3.8 Test for responsiveness.
b. Clause F.3.9.4 Tenders below economic viability threshold.
c. Clause F.3.11 Evaluation of tender offers.
d. Clause F3.11.3 Method 2: Functionality, Price and Preference Points
i. Tenders failing to meet the minimum functionality requirements will be rejected.
ii. Price Scoring 80 points.
iii. Preference Points 20 points - Equity of tenderer.
12. N3TC reserves the right not to accept the tender with the highest scoring points or not to accept any tenders received.