Over the life of the Concession Contract, the Company has to finance:
- An initial payment to the South African National Roads Agency Limited in respect of the permanent work and the road pavement comprised in the Highway at the effective date of the Contract.
- The Initial Construction Works to be carried out during the first three years of the Concession Period.
- The De Beers Pass Works when they become necessary in terms of the parameters laid down in the Concession Contract.
- Upgrade, Repair and Replacement Works over the Concession Period.
- The creation of economic and social empowerment opportunities along the Highway Corridor.
These commitments, amounting to approximately R10 billion (in current Rand terms) over the Concession Period have been, and will be, financed through a combination of equity funding, debt finance and cash generated internally from the Company's operations. The financing strategy seeks an optimum solution for the Company while providing the equity investors and lenders with acceptable returns.